Sunday, May 2, 2010

Power of the Falls

There's a verse from Isaiah 40 that I love which questions, "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand?" Nevermind considering all the oceans on top of this, but the amount of water pouring over Niagara Falls every second is hard to fathom. Interesting that the word fathom is all about discovering the depth of deep waters. We visited the falls (my 3rd time and Marty's 2nd) on May 1st and here's a few of my favorite pics.

I mean I know there are thousands of pictures of Niagara Falls out there, nonetheless, I just gotta post because the majesty just moves me. We loved just standing there staring at them and listening to the roar.


The spring flowers were everywhere and considering how short their bloomspan it, it looks like we came at a perfect time.


Catching a view of the falls and the flowers and the sunset was a treasure ...


And bridges ... I love bridges and the rainbow bridge between Canada and the U.S. is a beauty. Marty made the comment that the U.S. should have conquered this (Canadian) side of the falls as well. Haha!


They light up the falls each night and it's really cool, but none of my pictures of the colorful event came out in the darkness. However, I did get this UFO looking shot of the floodlights and the observation tower behind it.


If you've never been to Niagara, you gotta get there sometime. It's one of the jewels of our country (Canada's too).

2 comments:

  1. i really just want to play the song from close encounters of the third kind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. dun dun... dun dun... dun dun

    ReplyDelete