Friday, September 11, 2009

Germany at first glance

On the way to my hotel in Ottobeuren, a tiny town outside of Memmingen, where GameStop Germany is located, I came across this... and all I could think of was all the guys on my IT team back home. Here's your sign:

The translation is something like: Fire Hazard when running through the... well you can figure out the rest.

Here's my sweet hotel: the Park Hotel Maximilian


Here's a view of the path into the forest outside my hotel window. It gets really dark in there even in the middle of a sunny day. No wonder they call it the Black Forest in Germany.


Ottobeuren: A typical tiny town in Bavaria


Here's a Bavarian May Pole with symbols to tell travelers of old the amenities the town has to offer:


The church in Ottobeuren is a beautiful landmark that many tourists come to visit:


The artwork inside the church is a bit overdone, but some of it is truly beautiful:


This was one of my favorite spottings within my first few days:

No comments:

Post a Comment