Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christkindlemarkt

If you've not checked my blog in awhile, or even if you've checked it recently, don't stop with this one. I've posted a ton of stuff today, and I back dated a bunch of it. So please... read on... read on...

I think every town in Germany has one... a Christkindlemarkt... what I guess we in America would translate as a Kris Kringle Market... a Santa Claus Carnival. They set up temporary wooden booths in the middle of town, cover them with pine boughs and decorations. There seems to always be a merry-go-round for the kids. We visited the market in Ulm and later in Memmingen. So I had to post a few pics, if for no other person than Kendra who is looking forward to seeing them.


They have lots of good Bavarian food in the Christmas Market, and we sampled much of it today!

We also enjoyed looking at the other decorations around town.





And finally... Marty being a Nutcracker =)


It was a great day, that ended with watching the epic "Two Towers" movie. One of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment