Sunday, February 28, 2010

Brampton Ontario

We've spent the first of two weeks here in Brampton Ontario, just outside of Toronto. It's been a week of snowy day after snowy day. It's been freezing cold and some days so windy that the cold literally felt like it was biting me. The snow is beautiful though, and I always say cold is worth it if it includes some of the fluffy white stuff.

I should have brought my camera with me after all, because the scene down on Main Street with the lampposts, gazebo surrounded by an ice rink, and the trees all still covered in little blue Christmas lights was enchanting. And I could go on for another thousand words and still not do an adequate job of delivering the picture to you.

We dined at a fancy Italian restaurant called Rapini's where I had a Caribbean lobster tail, and it was good, but yesterday we found Moxie's and that was even better. Thanks to Josh for taking me to Moxie's in Calgary last summer, because I recognized, when I saw the place here, that the food should be good.

We've been enjoying the Olympics, especially being in a timezone where we could watch it "live" and not have to stay up late into the night. We also greatly enjoyed being in a hotel with a workout room and hot tub.

Right now I'm contemplating the two most exciting things coming in life:

1. The birth of my first grandson to Mark and Beth.
2. The two year mission to Argentina for Sharayah.

And God is good!

Hot Tub!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment