Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho... It's Off to...

WORK i go...

This week has been a week of work, work, work. Back in Germany, working to support the project going on in Canada. I should have stayed there... maybe. Most days I've been at work around 9 or 10am and worked until midnight or 1 or 2. It's that crazy time of trying to get all the systems in working order. Usually this happens at go-live, but fortunately this is a project with a plan to get it all in order well in advance for User Acceptance Testing and training, so we're living the nightmare 2 months BEFORE we go live. It's at least more bearable this way.

I don't usually write about work at all, mainly because one of the themes of my life has been "I work to live... I don't live to work." So my life is not at all about work. Work is just a method to the madness of what is Life. In order to live, I need to work. This is even Biblical. (II Thessalonians 3:10)

I will note however, that I have a great job. I'm incredibly thankful to God for giving me such an amazing opportunity at a good company, to travel the world, and work with and serve fellow co-workers in so many places and in so many ways.

I think that God is equipping me for a different kind of work. We'll see. The future holds so much. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment