Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ado & Osi: Diet Coke & Menthos

After the Freakin' Fabulous Forty-eight, I hit the road to St Louis. Well, actually a little town still in Illinois before you get to St Lou, and it was there that I met up with two more Wow buddies: Adomis (more recently known as Francais or "Frenchy") and Osideus (who's Osizzle character name I prefer because... well... I got to pick the name). IRL: Matt P. and Brennan S. Two of the craziest guys you could ever meet.

I picked up Matt at his house and we went to the GameStop where Brennan works. We talked "shop" <-- video games that is. We played games on the various kiosks. Actually, I watched them play as I'm primarily a Wow, Halo, and GhostRecon kindda gal. And then Matt and I went to the nearby Starbucks to hang out and chat... about serial killers... while Brennan had to work.

Once Brennan was off work, we followed him home to drop his car and then the three of us headed to Outback for a steak dinner and lots of laughs. I heard about college adventures and love life adventures... something about a girl who was liked first, but claimed by another, who didn't appreciate her, when dumped hooked up with the first though she'd been with a best friend, and now the radical decision to take a break in the whole love life scene. Who am I to judge? hehe

It's all so amusing as young people work through these things called relationships.

Next we went back by Brennan's and their friend Steve-O joined us. I found out he'd been in our guild as well for a short time, so here I was meeting guildie #10. Woohoo! We all piled in my car and decided we needed to do something 4th of July-ish, despite the rain.

We hit up a WalMart for Diet Coke & Menthos. Some guy walking through the store dropped bottle rockets, which we rescued for our own entertainment. Brennan later shot a couple of them off by sticking them in the zipper of his shorts. Talking about getting off. Okay, bad joke, but I couldn't resist. He burned a couple holes in his shirt. LoL!

We had to go to a couple stores to finally find both Diet Coke AND Menthos. Along the way, the guys hit the scratch off lottery machine... repeatedly... until they... umm... almost broke even. Then we found a vacant street in a new housing edition and created fireless fireworks.

Matt tried to put Menthos in the first bottle, but it spewed all over him before he could get the cap back on. It was a riot! Good thing it was raining so hard. Brennan demonstrated how it was done, by putting the Menthos in the cap and then slamming the cap on and shaking it up. Wait for it... wait for it...

It didn't explode. Matt picked it up and smashed it to the ground... still no explosion. Brennan picked it up and smashed it to the ground... still nothing. Steve-O & I stood laughing at both of them. Brennan tried again and successfully got covered in Diet Coke. Again... good thing for the pouring rain.

Back in my car they all sang for me, and I got some of it recorded on my iPhone. They fogged up all the windows with their heavy breathing and wet clothes. I took them all home, and after hugs & goodbyes, I once again hit the road. Good times!

Driving away... I missed them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment