Wednesday, August 5, 2009

never knew a newfie

'Til now. Now I've met a Newfie in real life...
A Newfoundlander: Auggy.
Real life name: Chris T.

I had to go to Denver on a business trip in early June, and I'd heard in game (Wow) that Auggy was currently there, being mentored by an artist, as a part of his collegiate studies. So I got his phone number before I left, and when I arrived, I gave him a call and we arranged a meeting.

The company I was there to visit, Maverick, happened to be hosting dinner for all of the GameStop contingent at a very fancy restaurant, and they said I could invite Chris as well. My daughter was included in the dinner party too, and so we all got to hang out together on the company dime. I always love a good time where someone else picks up the tab... steak... seafood... and great conversation. The best part was just listening to Auggy's accent for the evening and hearing about his studies and future plans in life. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment