Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh Canada!!

Wrapping up these guildie meeting adventures was a trip to Canada. Marty was off to Comicon in San Diego, so I headed to the Great White North, primarily to meet my all time favorite GM (guild master for you non-wow folks) and one of my best friends: Whitewolf (aka Josh A.)

Talcan (Chris R.) and WW came to pick me up at the airport. Chris was playing the TFK CD I'd sent him, and that was a nice welcome. I shared the experience I'd had when the girl at Immigration asked...

Are you here for business or pleasure? pleasure.
Are you meeting anyone here? Yes.
How do you know them? (hesitation) Umm... I play online video games with them?
(Raised eyebrow)
Have you ever met them before in real life? (at this point I lied) Yes

She gave me a look that said "I should put you on a plane back to the states right now!" LoL

But when it comes to knowing people, there aren't alot of people I know better than Josh. We've been playing Wow together for 2-1/2 years and we talk almost every day. He's a sweetheart and a hero of mine. I love how he stands up for people and befriends everyone. He has natural leadership ability, and he knows how to get people who are very different to work together for the common... fun! In WoW that is.

In real life he strikes me as a sharp guy who knows his job and does it well. Despite multiple layoffs of hundreds of people at his company, he's still there. They know the value of this young man who is wise beyond his years, despite not having the advantage of a college education... yet. (I'm still hopeful he'll go for it one of these days.)

He's also the type who is really good to his girlfriend, despite the lifestyle of the group he hangs around with which can be quite the opposite. It's just too bad none of these girls have yet realized the treasure they had enough to stick with him. I imagine that's okay though, because I bet God has someone in store for him who will rock his socks off... once he gets a firm grasp on the ultimate love himself.

I also know Chris pretty well, though I've not had as many "life" conversations with Chris as with Josh. Chris was more shy than I expected, but just as adorable as ever. I just wanted to hug him... again. And I had a good excuse for it, b/c Kalukhata (Donn) had specifically told me in game to give Talcan a hug from him. =)

We went to Josh's house and Chris had to go. Josh gave me the grand tour and his house is really nice. We sat out on the balcony enjoying the cool night breeze and chatting. We watched some "How I Met Your Mother" episodes from season 1, and then went to sleep. Josh graciously insisted I take his room and he slept on the couch.

I went to bed hardly believing I was actually in Canada. I'd been thinking about visiting this bunch for well over a year now.

Oh! I almost forgot. I also got to meet Jynx and Boo... Josh's kitties... a couple of truly cool kats!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment