Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Freakin' Fabulous Forty-Eight

The next morning, I awoke in the Galesburg Comfort Inn, and after getting ready, phoned the boys next door. And yes, I woke them up even though it was already 10am. I know! I know! All teenage guys sleep until afternoon as a rule. They started getting ready and Matt came over to my room soon after. We sat and talked more about the mysteries of God, and his plans, and the things Matt had learned at Bible Conference. It was so cool!

Then Tegan knocked on the door and said they were all finally ready to go. I treated them to breakfast at Perkins, cuz that's just what big sisters (I.C.) do, and at my insistence they ordered whatever they wanted. "Whatever?" Matt asked, "Can I have a chocolate milk?". I replied, "Of course!", to which he responded, "Can I have a LARGE chocolate milk????". I laughed. We both ordered a LARGE chocolate milk. Each of the guys then ordered this thing called the Tremendous Twelve ~ a breakfast consisting of 12 items across 3 plates each... eggs, pancakes, bacon, hash browns, sausage, and the list goes on.

I deemed it the "Freakin' Fabulous Forty-Eight!" and wondered if it would all get eaten.

What was I thinking? Of course it was all eaten... well, almost. With the exception of the pancakes, the food just disappeared. Then everyone added their pancakes to Brett's stack and challenged him with working his way through all that. He made the attempt, cutting through all those pancakes and stuffing a huge bite into his mouth. Dave on the other hand was taking dares to eat mouthfulls of whipped butter. Teenage boys... so weird, yet so adorable. Gotta love em.

I got this pic of Matt and Tegan, and of course Tegan told me I couldn't put it on Facebook or anything, but I'm gonna post it here where it will get limited viewership. I don't know why he's shy about it. They are both such cuties.



After breakfast we went outside and said our goodbyes. The visit had been tooooo short. Bummer! I gave/got hugs and kisses (on the cheek) and hit the road again. I'm so looking forward to spending eternity with that bunch. It will be fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment